Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MikeZ
on 2009-04-13
11:59:26
 Re: .d64 formatting

Hi Jim and thanks for the comment. All I wanted to know is why, when YAPE is used to format, the character "$4b" occurs ever 256 bytes except for track 1. Gaia was kind enough to give me a response. I'm not sure I understood his answer but basically he said that the "$4b" character was an artifact and didn't mean anything. I suppose I could edit out all the "$4b" characters on a newly formatted disk and see what happens when I save or load.

BTW: Back in 1987 I wrote a fast loader for the plus4. I adapted one written for the C64 that was published in COMPUTE! magazine. It was a two bit parallel use of the serial bus and depended on counting machine cycles in the plus4 and 1541 so everything lined up at the bottom of the send/receive loop. I guess it was a form of synchronous transmission.
I wrote to COMPUTE! and told them what I had done. They said there wasn't enough interest to print it. I asked them to let me put it into the PD. No dice - they wanted $200. So I sent it to Dave Johnson at Pacific Tri Micro (Plus4 Exchange).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024