Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

BushRat
on 2009-04-06
15:21:13
 Re: Loading Screen in Vampyre Cross

Hi..
I don't get on the internet that often, but I try to see what is new on the scene, once in a while. I caught this thread and it jogged my memory about the various formats and loaders that were developed in the mid 90's. There were a lot of new formats that were agreed upon, suffix and prefix wise. JJ's for compressed Doodles, GG's for compressed Koalas. .SAG for standalone (self displaying/printing bitmaps) .SAD (Doodle) .SAM (Multicolor). The Self Displaying files were compressed and had MPS801 generic print drivers built in and an option to flip the screen to negative image (which the mps803 liked better). That's about all I remember at the moment. The neuro transmitter problem I've fought with for the last 10+ years really knocks out a lot of the things I used to remember..
Hopefully you have the stuff on the disks. Most were archived in D81 format so they will have to be broken down to D64 disks.. seemed like a more efficient way to archive at the time.
James C should have a pretty complete set. I know he started to strip them for his webpage, some time back. Under the private correspondence with Jack Vander White and Peter the complete list of formats were discussed. I'm sure his time is as limited as everyone else. Much of the work was in NTSC... tried to make them as compatible as possible with PAL. Dug out a few, last night, and they seem to work okay on YAPE. Wish I could remember more.. too much blank when I look over the work.
Alaska is okay, but we could do with a little less dust from Mt Redoubt....

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024