Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2000-03-18
 NET-SCAPE users read this now !!!

I see some of you can't not down load games as netscape trys to read them as text files or they can't be used as the files are messed up ?

1. I've downloaded all games with Netscape 4.7 and every one works fine ! I don't know how "you" download with this, But I hold the "LEFT SHIFT KEY" and the click on the file name. Please update your Version if it's older than this 4.7 I'm using.

2. Please remember the LONG FILE NAMES. The Plus4 can only read 16 letter file names, so "prospectorpete.prg" is to long and needs to be made shorter for PC emulators or the REAL machines. Also Flimngo has this problem, Its not a problem at all, but how the plus4 should read the file names ! CP4 opens a lister up and reads 32 letter files names on Workbench. This would have to be done on Windows for PC emu.

3. Some games may not work with your emulator. I test every game on CP4. It's the Best +4 emulator and all the games on the site run on it. Minus4 and Winemu are cool but need a little work to clean them up. Things take time and this time next year Minus4 and Winemu will rock even more !!! I have a working version of Icicle work, but only runs on CP4 You have to remember all games run on the real machine as this is where they came from. I also have a real +4 and I've put CP4 and the real Machine head to head and you would think my AMIGA was a +4 its that good ! The sound is 100% right, but only the speech will not work ? CP4 even has SID support, so I can hear the class music in Lone News mag "I don't want to upset anyone and blag about CP4" I want to support the coders and fans, but I've had to tell you, so you understand some problems.

Please take note of what I have said about downloading and help me. Zip files is not an option on AMIGA, It can be done, but I want to support both and not just PC !!!! Yes I have Zip on my AMIGA, but others my not. Lets see if we can sort this problem out before I have to zip all files.

Kind regards, and I'm sorry
Lando.

Posted By

MIK
on 2000-03-19
 Does CP4 do .D64 and disk drive emulation?

Yeah. You can have (4) .d64 files on the go. eg. (Disk 08,09,10 and 11) It also supports the real floppy drive. I don't have one so can't test it.

I can read,load,scratch and header on all (4) .d64 file drives, but I can't work out how to copy files yet.

Copy DO,"test" to D0,U9,"test" ??? D0 is drive 8 and U9 is drive 9. Is this right ? or maybe it doesnt copy ??

Floopy stuff is all new to me

Regards,

Posted By

Mike
on 2000-03-18
 Packers...

Why not use LHA, since both are available on the Amiga and PC.

Or, since the OLDER pkzip is available on the Amiga, use that, and the PC will unpack okay as well.

Does CP4 do .D64 and disk drive emulation?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024