Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Stuart Wilson
on 2009-02-05
02:10:34
 Does C64TPC work on a Plus 4?

Sorry if this has been covered in a previous post.

I have just purchased a Commodore Plus 4 (my third now!) on eBay, but I have also purchased a device called "C64TPC" for attaching virtual disk drives to my Commodore 64 via my PC using the serial port. By using the included software I can mount disk images (.d64) in Windows that the C64 will see. Has anyone tried using this device on their Plus 4? I'm wondering if it will work since both use the same IEC serial port for connecting disk drives etc.

Ive contacted the developer of the C64TPC and he said that although he hasn't a Plus 4 to test it on, there is a chance that it may work.

Has anyone tried it?

Thanks happy

Posted By

indi
on 2009-02-05
03:06:07
 Re: Does C64TPC work on a Plus 4?

It pretends to be a disk drive, so anything that loads without a turbo I guess should be fine. I have one but haven't gotten round to trying it yet....I wasn't expecting any problems with it however.

Posted By

Stuart Wilson
on 2009-02-13
16:14:05

Hello again.

Thought I would say that after recieving my C64TPC, I am happy to report that it DOES WORK fine on my Commodore Plus 4. I've created several disk images on my PC, mounted them, and the Plus 4 sees them as disks and runs the contents without a hitch. I have also been able to transfer some old programs that I had written years ago from tape onto the mounted disk images and now have them preserved on my PC.

I'm will chuffed!!

Posted By

Chicken
on 2009-02-13
16:38:25

Thanks for coming back and confirming that it DOES work on plus/4!

Is there a website for C64TPC? I guess I should google wink

Posted By

Stuart Wilson
on 2009-02-14
05:01:34

The developers website is :-

http://cancarpet.com/saymantek/c64tpc_en.html

Posted By

Chicken
on 2009-02-14
09:23:08

I googled wink But thanks anyway.

Quite interesting... I'm not sure though if I wouldn't prefer some kind of SD/MMC drive for transfering files. Have to think about it... maybe it suits my purposes best.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024