Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Shaun_B
on 2008-12-01
18:38:04
 Commodore Computer Club (UK) Meet 2009.

We at the Commodore Computer Club (UK) reckon that 2009 is the 25th anniversary of the Commodore 16/+4 computers. To mark this milestone, the CCC (UK) will be holding it's second meeting from Friday the 23rd of January 2009, through to Sunday the 25th inclusive.

It will be held in Birmingham, B23 area, just of Junction six of the M6 (and don't worry about what Multi-Map or your Sat-Nav tells you, that really will be the easiest way to travel to the venue in most cases).

We may also be hiring a hall for the Saturday, but this is only if we get a reasonable turn out to justify it. Of course, new releases (demos/games/playable demos etc...) are most welcome. So far, Chris (www.commodore16.com), Peter Badrick, Nigel (CommodoreFree) and I have confirmed. Jason (TMR) is also a possibility.

In accordance with club rules, no-members will pay a £2.50 fee if they want to attend.

Some members are offering a car share, so if you require a lift to Birmingham (or can offer one), please state where you are travelling from/where you live. If you will be travelling via train or coach, contact me during the www.commodorecomputerclub.co.uk forums and I'll give you the bus routes you will need from the city centre.

Further information will be posted here and elsewhere as it becomes available.

Regards,

Shaun.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2008-12-02
14:18:15
 Re: Commodore Computer Club (UK) Meet 2009.

Sounds like fun, thanks for letting us know. Can someone who's offering car share pick me up from Toronto? wink Don't forget to take lots of pictures!

Posted By

MMS
on 2008-12-02
14:43:26

Toronto? It should be a very small village, I have never heard about such a Hungarian village! happy

Anyhow, sounds good, I will consider it (although we're just moving to a new flat, and supposedly my wife would be surprised, if instead of the layer I would go to Birmingham).

Anyhow, thanks for the info, I will let you know it 2 weeks, if you can count on me. I will check hotel and transport costs...

Posted By

MMS
on 2008-12-02
14:45:19

Sorry for the lot of typo mistakes, but paralelly I am sorting photos, editing a family calendar and burning a CD with Christmas music... Bah...

Posted By

indi
on 2008-12-02
15:50:34

I wish I could go... but its just too far.
(I'm also not sure the misses would let me out for a whole weekend of fun!)

Posted By

Chronos
on 2008-12-02
15:58:14

Christmas music? I personally hate Christmas, (but as u know already i working at a "computer store") and every year i see this is "Harácsony" rather than "Karácsony".. harácsony = ChristMoney... once a year everybody tries to buy loveliness..arrgh!

Posted By

Chris
on 2008-12-02
16:27:06

I'll make sure that I take plenty of pictures and report back. Think I'll be taking quite a bit of hardware and software with me this time, so I can try to open the minds of the C64 geezers wink

If anyone one from the UK wants a lift, I'm traveling from Derby to the Meeting. Sorry Toronto is a little far for my car to travel.

Posted By

Patrick
on 2008-12-03
05:32:50

hmm, i will try also to be there, but what about accomodation? is there any available or i need to book hotel?

Posted By

Chris
on 2008-12-03
15:09:39

Sure some accommodation could be sorted, will send Shaun a message to come by this way to double check. Looks like its going to be a great weekend, full of Commodore goodness.

Posted By

Shaun_B
on 2008-12-05
16:35:39

There is probably only enough space in Lisa's house for five people at most: two would have to bring sleeping bags and an air bed or something, and that's providing that Kris will stay at his Dad's house for that weekend (which he should do). I'm offering the beds to people travelling furthest, and I think three people have confirmed.

But I'll look online to find the nearest/cheapest accommodation for those interested. Maybe there is a decent B & B or something. It would be easier if I was living in Crewe because I know the area, plus you can get a half decent B & B for about £15 there. I'll have to speak to Lisa to see what she suggests.

Chris: I have an open mind to other 8-bit computer, especially Commodore ones wink

Regards,

Shaun

Posted By

Chris
on 2008-12-06
01:53:30

Really looking forward to the weekend happy Its been quite a while since I've been to an event.

Shaun: I know you have a open mind, was joking wink

The B & B idea is a good one.

Posted By

MMS
on 2008-12-25
16:05:45

Unfortunately I won't be able to join that weekend, although I was really looking for that. Budget has been cut

Sorry guys, maybe next time. I hope you will have enough friends going with you.
Bye!

Posted By

Patrick
on 2009-01-03
07:43:12

other people are going??

Posted By

indi
on 2009-01-04
05:51:15

Looks like I might make it this time! Until hotels are booked I'm not convinced... but we're almost there! happy

Posted By

MMS
on 2009-02-07
14:34:28

I have never been in the UK before , and based on all my information, I though it will be almost impossible to be in UK for a certain time. Not a single sign, that I will be in UK in the next 1 year.
Just in the last minute I got a request from my management to fly to UK with a small team to correct an issue, so now I in BIRMINGHAM (!!!) for 2 weeks. I writing this post also from here, near to Merlin park, sitting in Travelodge hotel. So I was ALMOST there at the proper time happy))

Life if funny...

Posted By

RobertB
on 2009-02-18
18:37:13

Photos of the January CCC (UK) meeting are now posted at

http://www.commodore16.com/index.php/component/content/article/56-events/228-commodore-club-jan-09.html

Very nice!
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug
CommVEx v5 info -- http://www.commodore.ca/forum and click on ComVEX

Posted By

Chris
on 2009-02-19
07:41:30

I've put some comments on the photographs, and updated who is in the pictures.

As soon as Pete sends a link for the video, I'll post it on the article too happy

Posted By

Csio
on 2009-02-19
15:03:45

the last picture is very KEWL!

Posted By

Patrick
on 2009-02-25
12:49:36

thanks!!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024