Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2008-11-17
10:15:56
 Re: Any news on Plus4emu...

Of course, enjoying it is an important factor in finding motivation to continue to write something, but in the long term being ignored does eventually lead to losing interest. I already spent a lot of time over years to develop this emulator, and with the total lack of interest after every release, it becomes increasingly difficult to enjoy doing it. Why not move on to something new and more exciting, or just pay more attention to my other projects for which there is an actual demand, even if not by a large number of people ? If I want to write an emulator, why not try some other machines (e.g. C64) ? There are many possibilities for coding as a hobby, and the Plus/4 is getting boring now happy

So, the plus4emu project and all related tools are now officially discontinued. While the code is still copyrighted and licensed under the GPL, the SourceForge project at http://sourceforge.net/projects/plus4emu/ is now abandoned (0 developers), and available for anyone to take over and become the new administrator. If someone is really interested, then feel free to improve it as you like - the source is open, after all. happy And if no one wants to continue it, then it just proves that I made the right choice by abandoning it.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024