Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-05-03
 Hey, what am I missing here...

Lando, Jim C etc... any of you guys gotten the DirectSound portion of either the Yape or Artifex to initialize?
Have Dx8.1, Dxmedia, etc installed. Have had no luck with running the ted portions of these emus

Posted By

Csabo
on 2002-05-03
 Hmm

I can successfully run both Yape V0.39 and Artifex V0.29 with sound on my machine. They play ted sounds fine, but have problems playing digi-sounds. Minus4 plays digis well, both always crashes when I close it...

So you must be missing something, but I have no clue what it could be.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-05-03
 I'm sure I'm missing something here..

I figured it wasn't the emus fault. the messages I get are similar...

for Artifex it says: Set Cooperative Level Failed
for Yape: Failed to set cooperative level (WritePrimary)

Just something not hooked with Direct on my machine, probably.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-05-03
 Sorry Jim, I have no idea :-(

I'm not to hot on the PC side when something does'nt work. I had problems getting minus4 to work and gave Mike the big one (email). Was hoping Ati (author of yape) would of poped in for a nose by now, you could aways drop him aline.
Yape homepage

sorry once again

Posted By

SVS
on 2002-05-04
 The error message' problem is already known by Ati,

Yape author. I told him some weeks ago, and he replied me he had no idea about the reason of that message. Anyway he planned to wipe the huge box message.

Greetz

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-05-04
 A silly idea maybe....

Do you guys play some of the top brand PC games?

I've have a new HD and all thats on it is WIN98, ok's I don't have directX I don't think installed and as it is Yape is saying "Direct Sound Create Failed".

I know I'm brainless, but just thinking, once I install a PC game some components not releated to directX might be installed also? Not sure what or if my thinking is right. Just a thought.

I'm too used to Amiga. PC's are just a case of having that right component installed by chance I tend to think. Atleast with the old Amiga you knew where you were.

ok, I'm gona crawl back into my hole.

Posted By

BushRat
on 2002-05-04
 Well that was educational...

Finally figured the answer to my own problem... took a closer look at the code in the Artifex emu and discovered that he is setting the DirectSound object level to exclusive.. which means that Direct doesn't want to share the wave play with anything else. Common trick in game programming. That gave the clue...
Went to MY Computer, checked the Multimedia settings for my sound and realized that I was routing through Total Recorder (that I use for digitizing sound). Just set the sound card output path back to SB16 Wave Out (220). Bingo! Now the Emus have TED sound.

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-05-05
 Nice one!

Glad to hear you got it working.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024