Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Titler
on 2008-11-07
18:33:45
 Rockman Problem! (And a YAPE one too)

Hi all, I've uploaded a saved state from YAPE 0.80 of Rockman, because I was hoping to complete it finally using the magic of emulation;

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?lj5u2lnmzyn

However I cannot for the life of me get the diamond in the top left corner. You need to get the points box first so you can stand on the left of the bouncing rock, then kick the rock to the right into the vacated gap so you can then get back out... but the bouncy bugger squashes me no matter what I do. Is it an emulation problem do you think, or is there a trick I'm missing?

Secondly, you'll notice that there's a sound problem with loading saved states from this game into YAPE 0.80... I've made the author aware of this, but the trial 0.81 he sent now has control problems, in that it doesn't recognise my Saitek pad anymore... just thought I'd mention it here in case he pops by, but I'll email him about that too wink

Posted By

Titler
on 2008-11-07
18:40:02
 Re: Rockman Problem! (And a YAPE one too)

Just to add, I meant to say the sound problems are fixed in the next potential release... also I fixed the control problems by deleting a prior config, and rebuilding it. Still can't get that damned diamond though!

Posted By

Chronos
on 2008-11-08
04:57:54

i tried it,but i don't have enough nerves to do it happy

Posted By

Titler
on 2008-11-17
19:00:46

No one has got the diamond yet? Is it even possible? happy

Posted By

Csabo
on 2008-11-17
22:56:50

I haven't gotten it personally, but I'm sure it's possible for two reasons: 1) Ulysses777 made a complete map on which the Well Done message is shown (although he could have used a cheat wink), 2) the article in CoV says the game can be completed and then after the Well Done message it restarts.

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2008-11-18
13:04:36

Cheating? Moi? happy

Seriously, when making that map, I got that diamond simply by running across and getting the points box. Sometimes it works (just), other times it doesn't. I couldn't get it at all from that save state, but after getting killed and trying again, it worked.

Posted By

Titler
on 2008-11-19
17:19:07

Interesting, I don't think I've been able to get it at all, even when trying after dying... are you pushing against the rock until it allows you past, or doing anything else identifiable... I shall not be resisted, and my Man shall get his Rocks! wink

Posted By

Titler
on 2008-11-19
17:19:12

Interesting, I don't think I've been able to get it at all, even when trying after dying... are you pushing against the rock until it allows you past, or doing anything else identifiable... I shall not be resisted, and my Man shall get his Rocks! wink

Posted By

Titler
on 2008-11-19
17:19:20

Posted By

Titler
on 2008-11-19
17:19:27

Posted By

Titler
on 2008-11-19
17:22:03

Ugh... sorry for the multiple messages; time to go to the board report thread and add a comment there!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024