Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2008-10-29
23:22:26
 Re: 2008 - new releases

I don't want to depress anyone, but here's my humble personal opinion about the C64 scene in general. Whenever I see something from them, it only demotivates me. While a part of me certainly enjoys watching quality stuff, it is perfectly clear to me that I personally will never be anywhere near as good as the people behind the current C64 productions. Csio, I know exactly what you mean, but it's never going to happen. This is just way, way too much for me. Maybe some guys (Ingo, bubis), but even that's a maybe (and that's not to put them down).

I still haven't been able to finish our first megademo, and it's got scrollers in it for god's sake. If it ever comes out, it'll just be probably laughed at, well, maybe the soundtrack will be a redeeming quality. But my point is, if I watch C64 stuff, I don't feel like opening up Plus4IDE for a while. So I just try to ignore it. Then I eventually find my way back to coding and slowly hack away my proggies.

Off topic to this, but relevant to the scene: I keep trying to say this but it must not come across properly. We have to do everything better guys. Unite with everything, unite with coding, unite with our goals, organize ourselves. We have to try a make this place into something that's fun, easy to contribute to and therefore generates interest and content. If you have it in you, if you have ideas, now is the time to speak up, step up, do something.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024