Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2008-10-23
09:37:01
 Re: Software sprites_Archon?

Give it time, someone will reply eventually happy

First of all, I also really liked Archon back in the day. I wished that someone would convert it to the Plussy. As for your first question, the answer is a simple no. I think you already know this though, you've drawn many pictures. A software sprite on the Plussy is just graphics that is drawn and removed, so what you are able to draw, that's all that's possible, there's no other magic trick.

For hires, you have about 4 options.

1) Just the let the colors bleed (there are many examples, such as Manic Miner).

2) Try to mitigate the problem by removing the background when the sprite is over it, see Booty.

3) Try to mitigate the problem by switching to hires FLI. This would limit the area of color bleed. I don't think there are any examples of this.

4) Try to mitigate the problem by interlacing the sprite. This would have no color bleed at all, so in a way it's the holy grail: the sprite and the background can have their own color. However, it will flicker annoyingly. I though Dooly would be an example of this, but even though the sprite is interlaced, it doesn't set the sprite's color.

Multi color is another story. happy BTW, I like the multicolor version of the sprites a bit better, but both sets are very nice.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024