Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2008-10-21
19:55:11
 Re: The same question asked about a million times no doubt

Did he really say that? Which demo was it?

It's an interesting statement nevertheless. I guess the key is in "would be able to" happy When you write a demo, you can cut a lot of corners. "Good enough" is the keyword. When programming games, you have to be more disciplined, otherwise you end up with buggy, unmaintainable code.

Hey MMS, do you want to get started again? wink I am seriously considering starting up something like a book, basically a series of chapters dealing with the topics one by one. I guess the best way of teaching how to program a game in assembly would be to actually write one and document it along the way.

About off topic stuff: I think it's okay for some topics, like this one. We're just talking about a bunch of stuff cause it's fun. So here's my off topic "announcement": I have two larger unfinished projects. One is our first megademo, the other one is a game. I've started up working on the game again in the past few weeks and it's so much fun. It's playable, but needs a lot more stuff: hiscore table, options and help, multiple languages, music (probably), maybe a title screen and just general polishing. Maybe I'll need beta testers too...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024