Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2008-10-14
16:34:01
 Re: plus4emu 1.2.9

> some toughts: the converter is just perfect now for me..

Well, it can never be perfect, but it is nice to hear that some people find it useful. There are some areas where it could be improved eventually, such as better quality and/or faster conversion algorithms, more video modes, improved user interface, etc.
By the way, did anyone try the compress utility ? There has been not much feedback about it, but I do not know if this is because it is not useful, or was just not noticed.

> the emu is good too, but on my notebook (with ati x1100, and 2ghz turion) it not enough fast yet. Running around 94%-100% so its almost good

These performance problems on some machines are really strange. The emulator runs fine for me on a 1.3 GHz Pentium III Celeron with 256 MB RAM, so I think the above CPU should be fast enough as well. So, it could be the ATI video (I only tested NVidia), or maybe some notebook power saving feature (e.g. variable CPU speed), or perhaps the sound device that is causing the slowdown.
In any case, you may want to try turning on the full speed mode (Alt+W), and see if the percentage displayed is much more than 100%, like it should be (if yes, then the CPU speed is obviously not an issue). Try this in both software and OpenGL video mode. To rule out audio related problems (which could possibly be solved simply by setting a larger buffer size), uncheck "Enable sound output" in the settings, and see if that allows for a stable 100% speed.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024