Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2008-09-07
12:38:20
 Re: Donation?

First of all let me thank everyone who offered monetary support, it's very kind happy I like this site as well and I'd hope to see it continued, but personally I don't have it in me anymore to take on the responsibilities of hosting a new site. It's really not the money, I could afford those rates as well - although let me reiterate that it's a pleasure to know that you guys are willing to pony up the cash.

So what does this mean? The hosting (that we still generously get for free) is obviously having problems, I don't want to be an alarmist here but it feels like it's standing on it's last legs. Nevertheless, it's set up and it still works. As long as it's up, I'll vow to keep maintaining the codebase and the database. Not much is needed in terms of those anyway, what we're lacking is new content. Luca's much appreciated efforts kept things going in the past months in that area.

I'm not at all opposed to moving to new places, and if or when that happens I can offer my help with getting all the PHP files that make up the site now and the current database backup. Once that's handed off, I'll be done for good happy Who would set this up or how - well, that's up to you guys I guess. I mentioned in the past that I'd like to see some kind of group effort here (redundancy so no issue depends on one person, voting on issues, etc) but let's face it: it probably ain't gonna happen. happy

On final note on the technical side: when this site is down, just hit "ztnet.com". That's the owners' main domain, and points to the same IP as emucamp.com. I've never encountered a case when one would be up and the other down, it's always the same result for both. So it's definitely something on their end and it's on the server level.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024