Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2008-08-23
09:37:24
 Re: So I want to do plus/4 gfx...

> I could not finish it previously: because I suppose, that graphical programs written for that single purpose (Photofiltre, Pant Shop Pro, etc) doing the rescaling in a more dvanced ptimalizations, than your program, with all respect to you and your converter, but it cannot be the best of the world in all aspects.

I may add an option to skip all scaling/offset/etc. entirely, although it needs many changes to the code, so it will not be in the next version, which I plan to release very soon. However, the pixelizing to 640x400 method should work well, because the scaling operations should then just reproduce the original image without changes (other than rounding errors, but that is not significant, since the image is stored in 32 bits per channel float format internally).
Also, the pixel exact .gif/.xpm mode was added exactly for this purpose, and it allows doing not only the image scaling, but also the color reduction and dithering in Photoshop etc. as well, which I assume would do these tasks better too than my crappy converter happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024