Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2008-08-19
16:37:59
 SID + TED drums?

Hi All,
There are sooo many descriptions, how good the SID is. Year, really not too bad...
But we may have now the chance to make it better, by extending it with the TED sound, more precisely the digi part of TED, like digi drums.
It is possible on the real HW to program at the same time the SID and TED, and use the TED fro digi playback wouout switching off the screem? I do remember the Iron Maiden demo from Pigmy, who used digitized drums, and sounded pretty well. Is there a way to use the TED, just with the "help" of SID? it could bring the Plus/4 demos to a new level, even surpassing the C64 demo musics, as drum would be much better

Posted By

MMS
on 2008-08-19
16:46:39
 Re: SID + TED drums?

OK, huge mistake: it was CROWN, not Pigmy. The mistake was as Crown was not really a demo-maker, while Pigmy released several music-demos.

Anyway, you can find it in the demo section, give 2 minutes for the drums to start...
There would be a perfect sound/grapgh combination Devil Eyes (I have the original music and the graphs, but i want no 10 second digi, and SID is needed to prevent to become too lame. but strong drums are the key to reproduce original feeling of that music).

Posted By

Csabo
on 2008-08-19
16:59:23
 Re: SID + TED drums?

The two sounds chips can definitely produce sound together. The XeO3 demo already does this (3 channels of SID music + 2 channels of TED sound effects).

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024