Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

AaronGale
on 2002-04-17
 Plus 4 Booty

Hi there, after looking through these pages for a while it got me thinking about my stash of Plus 4 goodies up in the attic. I felt the need to check it out so at 0:15 I was out in the shed getting a ladder, 0:30 up in the attic searching for some dusty boxes.

What did I find...

1 box full of about 100 C16/+4 tapes including originals of Commando, Steve Davis Snooker, Kung-Fu Kid, Blagger, Monty on the Run (big case), Winter Olympics, Anco Sport 4 (big case), Bomb Jack (big case) and the original and great Tom Thumb.

also,

2 Plus 4's (I seem to remember one is faulty)
2 datasettes
2 power packs,
1 Original Atari joystick
1 D-connector to Commodore joystick converter cable
2 Plus 4 to tv cables
1 Melbourne House Commodore 16 Exposed book
2 Commodore 1531 datasette users guide pamplet
1 Anco C16/Plus4 Reference Book
1 Commodore 3+1 Software Manual
1 Commodore Plus4 User Manual

And possibly of quite high interest to you guys Issues 1 - 13 (all they published) of "The C16/Plus 4 Handbook" which was a fanzine/which evolved into a magazine published by H&D Services between 1986 and 1988. I was one of, actually the main, game cheats contributor after about issue 4. In fact I used to buy Mastertronic games and hack them the day I got them just to send in the cheats! I eventually got H&D to supply me with free games so I could crack them for the magzine as it was costing me a fortune back then! They would publish the cheats and I also reviewed the games for the magazine but was a crap reviewer, lol.

So the question is: Of what interest is this to you guys?

Oh, and Lando, I live in Southampton also!

Bye for now,

Aaron

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-04-17
 Well if your sure you want to part with stuff

And I mean wow the cheat king is somit we must add into the new Commomdre Plus/4 World data base that goes live very soon

As much I would love to have another copy of Tom Thumb their is a guy after the oringial who posted alittle while back:
http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=52004&messageid=1016741618

We would love to grab the mag's off you and add all the cheats to the data base and these reviews I would lov to read, well I'm not sure what were looking at because I never saw these mags but maybe we could add them to the archive......

And also any game/s that I may not have will come in handy for Tap's, Covers and Cracks. A lot of work to do even now, but we want to bring as much to the net as we can. You said you have the orignal Bomb Jack which I don't have the cover for, only the release version Funny thing was only last weekend I added the orignal Paper Boy, Ikari Warriors and Ghouls'n'Ghosts covers to the data base. Can I scan it now

Cheers 4 now

Posted By

AaronGale
on 2002-04-17
 Email me

Lando, email me (aaron@aarongale.com) and we'll see what we can arrange with getting the collection to you.

Aaron

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-04-18
 Did you get my email?

Hope so. If not let me know and I'll send it again.

Thanks for your help.
regards,

Posted By

AaronGale
on 2002-04-18
 Yes, no thanks to my PC

I have just spent the last 5 hours recovering my WinXP system. I rebooted earlier in the evening and the system wouldn't start. Damn registry was well and truly corrupt. No safe mode, command prompt nothing. Luckily I have dual boot so fell back to Win98 went to Microsoft got some documentation and spent the next 4 hours booting from CD and using the Windows Recovery console to get the system back again.

Wasn't it nice back when you could plug the computer in switch on and hey presto you're ready to go?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024