Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Lavina
on 2008-03-25
09:25:26
 Re: New C16 Plus 4 Website

Hm, I don't really understand the meaning of this debate, but let me say something. First, plus/4 scene is not really about glory. If one thinks it's about glory, then he was in coma for the past 16-18 years.

Second, I have been a plus/4 fan since the beginning ( Legicsata LOL). If I would like to recall who to thank a lot for the continuity of the scene, first names I'd mention would be Csabo, Lando, Luca, Mike, Gaia. (Great coder brains of today, please forgive me for not mentioning you all now for your great demos and let the ethernal spirit of the black machine bless your synapses) All of these guys (except Luca) just understood the word of the new times and created an environment for us to use in this new era. A new living space, if you will, in the world of PC + Internet for the Plus/4. Without this, there would be no Plussy life at all now. My own small contribution for the survival of the scene was the idea of the Szeged party with a small compo event, that resulted in some small but really important releases. Thinking back now I think it was really important.

And finally, what about Luca? Luca is the most entertaining lamer I have ever known. Please do not misunderstand me. Lamer in the scene is not a negative word. Lamer is consumer. Consumer generates demand. Demand generates Supply (new stuff!!!) (well, the opposite is also true in our consumer society, but let's stick to our scene) Lamers we called back in the golden era were users who like to watch new demos and play new games and soon they try coding themselves. They stop being lamers when they first put out some decent stuff. (Hey, I also started it like this, maybe with the small diference that I don't really have a decent output, yet. wink ) So, I felt a bit sorry when we lost Luca as our funny lamer not long ago. But I would definietly feel very sorry now, if we would loose Luca as an editor of this site (I know how much he has worked on the database), or any other of his activities. So, Luca, if you insist on this decision of yours, I'll delete all my current projects and no more peeping into my screenshots.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024