Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2008-03-20
18:43:58
 Re: plus4emu FLI converter

Hi Degauss !

Changing the display of the original image to be affected by the color correction settings would be easy, although it would need to be updated (which is slow) whenever those settings are modified. A color reduced and dithered "ideal" image is somewhat more tricky, considering that all the various video modes need to be supported, while the PAL preview is actually Plus/4 emulation, so it just loads and runs the generated program. But it would be a useful feature for the multicolor modes, which do work by creating the "ideal" dithered image first, and then converting it, so I will try implementing it eventually.

The X shift can already be set independently by the converter for every line when it is set to "optimized" in the options (although in the specific case of interlaced hires FLI, it is only allowed to change by at most one pixel per line; in the other modes, all possible values are searched by brute force, for example the multicolor FLI modes try 4x4=16 combinations for each pair of lines). Or did you mean being able to set it manually for each line ?

Adding bitmap-only interlace modes is indeed on the list of features to be implemented. If I recall correctly, you did already mention this some time ago, but I did not get to actually implement it yet.

I do already have an older utility (interlace6.cpp) that converts to greyscale-only hires FLI where the luminance attributes are updated for every line, rather than pairs of lines, and also posted some example programs earlier. It is very simple code, though, so many improvements could be made.

I tried your converter, the quality is actually very good.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024