Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Degauss
on 2008-02-08
06:12:11
 Re: plus4emu 1.2.5.1

Hi Istvan!

At the moment, i won't get fed up by your test-images. There's some interesting progress in there wink

In a post earlier you stated that it might be possible to modify x-scroll and bg/fg-colors for both lines. I didn't look at your code, but my display-kernel didn't allow this because i was running out of cycles. I could only set two registers in the second line where i would have needed three changes. I simply decided what register-change results in less errors.

My display kernel looks like this:

------------------------
LDA ??
STA FF14
LDA ??
STA FF06 ; DFLI-stuff completed

LDA ??
STA FF07 ; first x-scroll
LDA ??
STA FF16 ; fg-color
LDA ??
STA FF15 ; bg-color

NOP ; argh. this could be useful if it was LDX/LDY, but i didn't find a way
; would be HARD to manage anyway

LDA ??
STA FF16/FF07 ; either this...
LDA ??
STA FF15/FF07 ; ... or that STA *can* be rewired to FF07
------------------------

Due to the fact that the overscan-images forced me to scatter the display-code around in memory, i needed special lines that could JMP instead of the last STA (or: modify FF1D). These are situations where i couldn't even have a second register-change in the second line.

Did you find a way to modify all three registers in all three lines? (Seems nobody likes it, but the FF07-trick helps a lot with error-reduction)

Best Regards

Degauss/TEK

p.s.: You asked what features would probably be interesting. I have to second Luca that straight (Multi)-Boticelli and Charset conversions are very very valuable. A more "feature" is quite common from C64-FLI-Paint-Programs: Interlaced Pictures are allowed to use the same Videomatrices for the odd and even planes. Quite obvious: It saves a lot of memory!

p.p.s.: Don't take it personally, but i think you're the first poster in a forum who never uses salutations at the beginning of a post. Try "Hello!" wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024