Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2008-02-07
10:27:22
 Re: plus4emu 1.2.5.1

Increasing the resolution of the background colors could still be useful, although it would also mean slightly increased memory usage. On the other hand, with a rewritten display routine, it would be possible to have any number of lines that is an integer multiple of 4 between 168 and 248.
If you are not entirely fed up with my example images yet (happy), there is a new comparison of converted images (http://www.sharemation.com/IstvanV/p4imageconv2.zip), in which you can find an older demo by Larry and one of Dr. Death's excellent sample programs, as well as my conversions of the same (or at least very similar) images. This does show one problem to be fixed: the brightness/contrast changes should probably be made in the YUV colorspace, rather than RGB, which is why the background color in one of the images is wrong due to the RGB values being clipped.
If the multicolor mode is good enough, the multi Botticelli compatible non-FLI conversion can probably based on it. I am not so sure about what the best way is to implement the plain non-FLI hires mode: it can either be a stripped down version of the current hires interlace code, or I can use the approach from the multicolor conversion (i.e. converting to a temporary 121 color image first, and then trying to encode that as Plus/4 graphics with the least possible error).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024