Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2008-01-09
18:53:13
 Re: So I want to do plus/4 gfx...

There is now an experimental version of the converter that can read PNG, JPEG, and BMP files (currently only true color and greyscale files are supported), and also automatically resizes the input image to 640x400 before conversion. However, large images (>1920x1200) are generally not recommended, and if the aspect ratio is not 1.6:1, then some of the display area will not be used (the unused areas are filled with border color). Here is the download link: http://www.sharemation.com/IstvanV/interlace7.7z
The basic usage is just something like
interlace7.exe someimage.jpg outfile.prg

however, getting the best quality may require some experimenting with the various parameters.

A simple GUI probably does not take a lot of time to create, so I will try building one soon. Perhaps it would also be a good idea to design it so that new conversion methods and different display formats can easily be added.

For error calculations, I use the sum of the square of the differences most of the time, but in the case of luminance codes, I also try to ensure that the resulting range is not too limited (e.g. by multiplying the error for out of range pixels).

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024