Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2007-11-03
17:50:30
 Re: Drean Commodore 16 details -- finally...

Finally, the computer is in one piece and so I could test some code.

As expected, PAL stuff worked flawlessly. I yet need to bring the external memory expansion module from my parents' house to test more (tricky) programs; as of yet, all I could test were C16-compatible programs (4Ever2k3 C-16 compo stuff rules... ). I had the interlace routine (provided by Bionic and István Varga) at hand, which I considered rather tricky and system-dependent, at least that ran like a charm.

Megaload (that I also had at hand) didn't work, just as expected.

Today I received an e-mail from the eBay seller I had bought my computer from; he's going to sell more machines, including an other Drean Commodore 16 which looks like being in pretty neat physical condition (as opposed to mine which took considerable time to get back into shape, and it isn't that perfect even now). I guess he's gonna sell that on eBay, but if someone's interested please drop me an e-mail and I'll forward the pictures/ad I received to your mailbox.

BTW: looks like they changed the outfit of the machines during the production time... the machine he sells looks different from the one I've bought (or I've ever seen so far). I'm really wondering how many units (in how many "series") they really produced.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024