Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Stefano
on 2002-02-12
 C16/Plus4 emu & Infocom games

Well, I can't find a way to make any of the Infocom games (Zork I, II & III; Cutthroats, etc.) run on the YAPE emu. Tried Artifex: the same.
Does anybody have any idea?

(I'm going insane!)

Stefano

Posted By

MIK
on 2002-02-12
 Not at this time....

We lack real 1541 emulation with any of the plus/4 emulators at the moment.

Ati hopes to work on this in the future for yape. 1541 is and emulator in it's self.

And there might be some hope once the Plus/4 side of VICE is released which they have now started working on. From what one coder told me, Vice might be the best plus/4 emu of them all. But they have their work cut out with YAPE as it is now

Posted By

JamesC
on 2002-02-12
 They require a genuine disk drive.

These games (any Infocom game put out by Commodore) will not work on an emulator. They require the original hardware.

If you look at the directory of the diskette (or disk image), you will see that the program is only about 3 or 4 blocks long and the disk is otherwise empty. What you see is the loader program. The remainder of the program, as well as the data files, are direct-access to the diskette, which is not supported by emulators.

I have not tried to copy these to a real 1541 and run them, but if you need to know if that will work, I will try a couple.

James C in NTSC-land

Posted By

horchacha
on 2015-01-13
03:22:48
 Re: C16/Plus4 emu & Infocom games

just fyi i have tried copying to disk all of these on real plus/4 with no luck. i used cbmcommander with 1541 & source from uiec sd. they will get to a menu asking if you are loading from 1541 and soon after will abort.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2015-01-13
03:31:49
 Re: C16/Plus4 emu & Infocom games

(what if we replace the original loader routine in the game and dump the disk as simple files?)

nothing, the byte version works under yape.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024