Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Linux n00b
on 2007-10-01
19:25:39
 Re: Compiling VICE under linux?

Hey, thanks for the QUICK help guys! First I tried what TLC said (having Ubuntu installed): "sudo apt-get install vice" indeed worked... but... it's an old version... I'm surprised that it actually worked this far, I searched the "Add/Remove..." list first and it wasn't there. Second, when I type xplus4, it writes out some stuff including this error: PLUS4MEM: Error - Couldn't load kernal ROM 'kernal'. Machine initialization failed.

Then I tried IstvanV's commands. The key here was the dot-slash! I did remember the configure command, and I saw it in the folder, but when I typed "configure" from the terminal, even though I was in the right place it said "bash: configure: command not found". Who knows why you need dot-slash? Nevertheless, it almost compiled, but gave an error. I googled it, it's exactly this: http://www.edlug.org.uk/archive/Jun2006/msg00010.html, even has a reply but I don't understand what they are on about.

Where's the download to the linux binaries? I found your page about plus4emu, but I only read until the part about needing to compile some libraries from source...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024