Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-09-13
12:03:02
 Re: Plus4Emu v1.2.2

I only have an nVidia 6200, so the card type is probably not the source of your problem (but you can still try running in software mode). It seems that for some reason the emulation performance is consistently about 4 times worse on your machine. You may try disabling the joystick emulation; I do not think it should make any noticeable difference, but there are no other settings left to change (sound is disabled in full speed mode, so that is ruled out, too). I would suggest looking at the task manager, to see if there are e.g. background tasks that cause the slowdown, or if there is a constant full CPU usage even if no floppy emulation or full speed is enabled (e.g. because a thread of the emulator is taking up all the CPU time), but you have apparently already checked that.
Does this slowdown problem also occur in old versions, or was it introduced in some specific version ? Did anyone else experience similar issues ?

I implemented the floppy head position display as a separate window so that it does not take up space on the title or menu bar (since there are up to 12 values). However, I did actually consider adding some simple effect to the drive LEDs - a small bar that moves from the left to the right according to the track number, with black/white color depending on the least significant bit of the track number, and hidden if the head position does not change for a while - but the separate window was easier to implement. But the LED effect could still be implemented in the next version.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024