Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-08-23
13:21:54
 Re: For Plus4emu

a) I do not entirely understand this one. Do you mean some kind of symbolic keyboard mapping, or simply displaying the shifted symbols ?

b) Given that the disk emulation is true drive emulation, the progress of loading a file is not really known. However, it should be possible to display the current track number (there is already a similar feature in VICE) in some way.

c) Adding a speed percentage display is not difficult; in fact, I have thought about that earlier, just did not bother to actually implement it. If you cannot run the emulation in realtime on a fast machine, there might be video or sound driver related problems. Try these: reduce the "quality" setting in the display configuration, toggle single/double buffered mode, run in software mode (if everything else fails), or increase the "latency" parameter in the sound configuration.

d) I do not get stuttering sound (on Linux, Windows 2000, or running the Windows version under WINE on Linux), but one possible problem is that your sound card driver cannot handle the default sound playback settings. If that is the case, increasing the latency in the sound configuration could help (the optimal setting is the lowest with no stuttering). The "Hardware buffers" can also make a difference (click on the value display and drag the mouse left/right to change it); use the highest setting that works correctly. You may also try changing the sample rate or selecting a different device if the above fail.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024