Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-07-21
17:34:55
 Re: So I want to do plus/4 gfx...

I feel there's a discrepancy in what you're saying about the CSDb. On one hand, you claim that it's the most complete, on the other hand, you're saying it's up to the Plus/4 users to upload their releases. Are you taking the same stance for the C64 demos? (Ie, if someone release something on their personal website, you don't add it to the db?) If so, then how can it be complete? Here at Plus/4 world we actively seek anything and everything that's released on our platform. So if you want to stay complete, the next logical step would be to "borrow" and existing database from "somewhere" wink. Let's say you end up doing that, it's 1) a bit unethical, 2) a duplication of effort. And if you don't do that, then you won't be anywhere near complete. So, tell me, why would someone who is interested in Plus/4 demos would go to the CSDb, and not to Plus/4 World?

Another point: I really don't see how we are isolated by not being included in "some website". We're here, out in the open... Google Plus/4 or something. Even Wikipedia links to us under the Commodore Plus/4 topic. If this is being isolated, then does that mean that CSDb has been an isolated C64 site, just 'cause the C64 releases are not included here?

Finally, I can understand that you guys love CSDb and you're all proud of it. What I don't understand is why on earth would you think it's better, or more usable than our site? (I'm specifically referring to comments like this: "Not as nice as CSDB but indeed a nice starting point for Plus 4: http://plus4world.com/" - what nerve...) I looked at some pages, we seem to have about the same info. I'm sure there's stuff CSDb includes that we don't have, but we could add any of that with minimal effort. (E.g. stuff like parties.) On your end however, I didn't see basic things... Like does a demo run on PAL or NTSC, or both? (Quite important for us living in NTSC land.) Does it require a disk drive, and if yes, what type? What language is the text written in? Or could you show me all the demos that have DYPPs in them? Perhaps all of this stuff is there, I just missed it.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024