Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-06-16
09:24:55
 Re: Beta version of new emulator is now available

Responding to this old thread, I would like to say that I no longer accuse people of stealing code. It was a bad idea to come up with this without real evidence, and I was not sure anyway, so I must apologize to those who were offended. While it probably does not change the opinions of many, I still had to make this clear.

Regarding criticisms of my emulator:
- I do have 1551 emulation now, and it seems to work quite well
- fast IEC emulation is indeed missing, although I did not target the emulator at people with slow machines
- P00 format - I never used it, anyway, it probably would not be very difficult to add
- "raw debugger" - well, it can always be improved; I do have watchpoints and some other features, though
- the 5 magics extended sideborder effect is displayed correctly in my emulator, I have compared it to the real machine
- Linux binary packages (.tar.gz, not .rpm) are available, and if you compile from sources, the README does describe what dependencies are needed and how they should be configured
- I do not have any "secret vault" of hardware information - what I know is mostly in the emulator sources, with the exception of a few minor details that are expensive to emulate and not known to be needed by existing programs
- using my code in other GPL licensed emulators is perfectly fine, just preserve the copyright notices, and in general follow the license
- the "ep128 thing" has been moved to a separate emulator
- disk images can be set up in the floppy configuration dialog (Alt+D)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024