Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mike The Hat
on 2001-11-30
 Commodore Plus 4 Repairs needed.

Hi I have 2 Commodore Plus 4's and BOTH only the power LED Lights and Only disply is a black screen on both I need to know if anyone still repairs old Commodre computers.

Im in the US so if anyone knows of any here it would be appreciated.

I did try the normal TV hook up and to a monitor none worked.

Thanks Mike

Posted By

Jay
on 2001-12-01
 Many Good Plus 4s Are Out There!

There are LOTS of great Plus-4s out there, especially on Ebay. I've bought three myself, and they are all working.

Here are some tips:
-But from someone who can at least hook the thing up to a TV/monitor to see if it works, don't go for this "Power light comes on" crap!

-Email the seller beforehand and get an idea of what it is you're buying.

-make sure there is a power supply with it! these are harder to get than the Plus 4 itself - although you can probably get one with a cheap ($5) C64 system, too!

Don't give up, it's a great machine

Posted By

Mike The Hat
on 2001-11-30
 Re: Commodore Plus 4 Repairs needed.

Hi Lando
Thanks for reply That stinks I was looking forward to getting in on the fun of the Plus 4 one I spent $15 on and the Boxed one that was claimed to be new was $80

Ugh Well if ya do come across a repair facility let me know or another plus4

Im staying away from plus 4 auctions I got stuck on the 2 above

Thanks again Mike

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-11-30
 Could be cheaper to buy another P4

Your fault sounds as if the TED is dead on both machines. Inside the machine there is a large mental case, the chip sat under that I would think at fault.

I've had a number of Plus/4 over the years most were dead and all had the same problem. If your lucky just by swapping this chip over with a working one it can sort the problem. Even though they may not work, they may be good for spares.....

regards,

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024