Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-11-16
 To all Plus/4 nutters alike

Hi guys,
I sorry I haven't responded to your messages and some emails you have or may have of sent

My fault, a big site comes at a price that I have to pay for. For the last 2 years my life was Work, Family and PLUS/4 day in day out. All my other intrests got pushed aside, I never washed my car in all this time, and still haven't Me woman did it once she's just saying to me now lol.

How it all started:
The way I saw things at the start of this site. Plus/4 emulation was gona die before it even started, as you all know it's been a hard an long ride, (emulation coders not to blame) but more a fact of the C16/Plus4. Boy did we have a tuff time from day 1, but having said that she was the best and it won't be forgotten. NO SIR, I was shocked with the lack of C16/Plus4 related stuff online, but what people noramlly remember their old machines by is some game or another they loved.

Of course I was the games man having had 300+++ originals (honest truth). Who was better to make a site all about games? I dought anyone, but because I was new to the web as a browser person it was time to have a play with HTML From that day on I never stopped, all my free time was Plus/4 releated. Yep I loved every moment of it, all the stuff we've shared and went through has been MAGIC!!!

Anyways on to the real story, I'm not pulling the plug, it time to take a back seat for a while and get on with other stuff I like doing before I go mad. Christ, since I've started the site I've seen my own Dreamcast die infront of me before I even turned the bugger on. Well almost like that I got some catchin up 2 do like play Shenmue for longer than an hour coz Shenmue 2 is almost here lol. Also if you take a close look at Luca's Lone News 13, he not far from the truth. I'm also one of these people he was going on about...... Yep I'm a Ureil that own's

It's taken 15 or so years to get this far with the most respected help of many of you and all authors of this class software and it's not over yet nor is my intrest in Plus/4 So smile, if I'm not updating then I'm here in spirit.

There is so much work 2 do that this is a job for life and not just for Xmas

C ya soon and take care,
Lando

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-11-25
 The shows not over yet :-)

I can't take the credit, alot of peoples work here and alot of dudes suported me along the way. I wanted to give something back and help put the Plus/4 on the map seeing as C64 was owning the web

Anyways the shows not over yet, the future is looking good, I'm just taking it easy for now. There is still much work to do working along side Csabo (Plus/4 data base).

Cheers 4 now

Posted By

Jay
on 2001-11-25
 Thanks for all you've done Lando!

This site, and all the work you've put into it has assured that the +4 will continue on for some years yet, and I am greatful!

I am not an old-time +4 user, although I did use other Commodore machines (from the C-64 to the Amiga 3000). I was always intruiged by the +4, but I never even saw one until I got one earlier this year.

Your site, and the others like it, have provided me with lots of resources that have allowed me to start enjoying this gem!

Thanks for everything, and take care of yourself!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024