Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-05-22
17:58:41
 Re: plus4emu 1.1.0

I think I found the reason why display updates work with the previous hack, but not when using the GUI: FLTK 1.1.7 does not implement the "check" callback (which the GUI uses, but the main.cpp hack does not) on MacOS X for some reason. This has also been reported as a bug earlier by someone on the FLTK forums:
http://www.fltk.org/newsgroups.php?s31+gfltk.bugs+v40+T0+Qcheck
This bug seems to have been fixed in the recent 1.1.x beta versions (which had some minor glitches like incorrect widget colors when I last tried, though), but there is also a patch in the above mentioned forum post.
So, with the check callback fixed (alternatively, the use of such callback could be just avoided, but it is needed to keep the video display up to date even while menus are opened), running the GUI and video display as separate windows, with the modified gui.fl file, should theoretically work.

The next step is to have the emulation display in the same window as the GUI, like on the other platforms. I suspect a possible problem here is this (quote from the FLTK manual):
"Known MacOS Bugs and Problems
* Nested subwindows are not supported, i.e. you can have a Fl_Window widget inside a Fl_Window, but not a Fl_Window inside a Fl_Window inside a Fl_Window."
Well, I have a Fl_Window inside a Fl_Group inside a Fl_Window. Maybe that is also not supported ? I should probably make changes to remove the Fl_Group.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024