Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

JamesC
on 2007-04-01
00:22:25
 Re: Beta version of new emulator is now available

I downloaded his emulator yesterday, just to see what all the fuss is about.

I have to admit, the interface looks cleaner than YAPE. But as I used it and had other windows going, I had window remnants that bugged the heck out of me. Plus, fading the drop-down menus in and out was kinda weird since I have that turned off within Vista.

While using IstvanV's emulator, I decided that I preferred Gaia's drop-down menus. It's obvious how to attach a disk image within YAPE, for example. I still don't know how to do it in this "new" emulator.

And what's with the multiple config files? Do I want 3+1? Or 3+1 with I/O? When I have the Plus/4 emulation running, I shouldn't be given the option of loading an EP128 config file.... at least that's my opinion.

And I thought the 128 emulation was for the Commodore 128, not an EP128. I still don't know what an EP128 is..... it seems to be a Star Trek computer or something.

I just got the impression that IstvanV's emulator is intended for whomever uses that Ep128 thing, or maybe someone with more programming experience than I have. YAPE is oriented more toward how I use my PC and my Commodore.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024