Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-03-28
19:22:15
 Re: Beta version of new emulator is now available

During the last couple of days, I gave this some thought, too.

First of all, I think names that include "emu" are a nit unimaginative boring happy And I have to admit that even if I like YAPE, I don't like the name that much.

Greek mythology is always good for names but sometimes there's not much connection between the godess/god and that what the program does.

Personally, I like plays on words... if they are good happy And for a plus/4 emulator I would definitely play with the "4". Though, I'd go for the spelled out FOUR because the 4 has been overused in many product names.

My first choice was "FOURCE", pronounced just like "force". But after some quick research I saw that Microsoft has action figures called "SOURCE FOURCE" :/

Pretty much all four-whatever names have been used by some kind of musical quartett but that shouldn't keep us from finding a nice name.

Anyway... I started with FOURMULA because an emulator is kinda like a "magic formula" (ok, maybe not but to me it's still magic to see plus/4 stuff running on PCs).

However, FOURMULA sounded a bit dull... there's still something missing. Though, I liked that it contains "MUL" as in eMULator. So the next step is... FOURMULATOR

I'm undecided... I still like "FOURCE". It might be more powerfull and doesn't have that "Terminator"-taste to it. And I wouldn't spell it "4mulator"... I'm a typography buff and for various reasons I'd rather use "fourmulator" (not capitalized, I did so above just emphasize the names) plus a logo happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024