Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2007-03-25
11:59:08
 Re: Beta version of new emulator is now available

Hi István,
don't be discouraged by little feedback and no contributions. Not many are able to code at that level but still we like to see your efforts evolve. And "plus/4 world" is not everything. I don't know if you have mentioned your emulator on other emulation and retro computing sites but I'm sure there are more ppl interested in this than those who visit "plus/4 world".

I really would like to see that SID emulation stays... Sure, if you can write it from scratch that's ok. But isn't that a bit like re-inventing the wheel? You've already proven that your emulator works well using reSID and if it would stay open source you could concentrate on plus/4 emulation.

Personally, I don't care much about the Z80 part because I never had a Z80 based machine. But even if "multi-machine emulators are generally assumed to be of lower quality"... who cares? If you have fun - and that's what this is all about - to include other machines, than do so. I wouldn't judge an emulator by the machines it can emulate but if it serves my purposes. A good product will always show through.

I hope you keep on working (even if closed source, others do that, too) on your emulator!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024