Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-10-02
 Can we turn a Plus/4 into a ZX specturm for loading?

The ZX speccy loaded games from a normal tape deck, only using an audio lead to feed the data to the computer.

I'm not high tec in any way, but wondered if the plus4 can do the same thing, only needing an audio lead added to 2 of the pins??? All I want to do is load games.......

Because the speccy only needs and audio lead this means you can record tapes onto CD and load all your
games from a portable CD player!! The ultimate backup
and a neat way of loading your games.

I would like to see if we can do this with Plus4. Would anyone know if it can be done and if so the correct pins ?

Cheers,

Posted By

Mike
on 2001-10-14
 Should be possible...

The Plus/4 only needs custom controls for starting/stopping the motor... (power too of course)

If you wired this to "always on", and left enough space (or hit a key quick enough) then you could hook in a normal tape/cd deck.

It would be quite neat, protect those tapes...

OR..... perahps a .TAP to real tape convertor, then store the ones you have on here in a more compressed form. This is a better "backup" since you can reproduce the tape if you need to.... even to CD I guess...

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-10-03
 Yeah I know the 1

Codie made some cool software reader and with their new turbo they added for CD loading, the games (64k) loaded in under 30sec if I remember corrret.

Used to have it (snif)

Posted By

Akira
on 2001-10-03
 Well...

There was a similar thing for the C64... I think the Gremlin Collecti0n, or Ocean, or whatever IT caem on a CD and you attached a lead from your CD player to the Joystick port.

Perhaps you can do it that way. It surely is most handy!

- Akira
Shmups Mk2 - 2D Shooter Heaven
.:[ http://www.shmups.com ]:.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024