Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

IstvanV
on 2007-02-22
18:55:00
 Re: New emulator with Plus/4 support is developed

Is it sure ? It did not for me, although I did not test the demo itself, only the relevant code fragments, because I have no floppy drive for the real machine, and transferring the whole program would have been more problematic. Nevertheless, the code that was actually tested was exatcly the same on the real machine, YAPE, and ep128emu, and only YAPE turned on the sideborders.

The CPU usage on the P4 looks suspicious (assuming that you did not use high settings and/or multiple floppy drives). I have around 20% on my Athlon64 3200+ (2 GHz) without floppy or SID emulation and low texture resolution (i.e. quality 1, which is sufficient for the Plus/4 since it has only 384 pixels of horizontal resolution), but when adding one 1581 drive, enabling reSID, and using high quality sample rate conversion for sound output, it is slightly less than 50% (well, you may be right if that is what you have tested). It is true however that the software video driver can use a lot of CPU time when used at high resolutions, so using OpenGL is recommended if that works well.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024