Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-02-20
12:06:22
 Re: New emulator with Plus/4 support is developed

Well said. I guess you are right and I agree with most of your points. I think it comes down to interest (and "supposed importance"): I'm personally not that interested in yet another Plus/4 emulator (hee-hee wink), since my requirements are so nicely met with YAPE. I didn't think that much about users of other OSes.

Put yourself in our shoes (average Plus/4 scene member, running Windows and YAPE): we tried it, it doesn't work that well yet. At the current stage it's not something to get super excited about. Good luck with this project, may it get better, faster, more stable. But for this project to be truly successful, it will need to have a feature big enough for us to make the switch. Or, perhaps it will have to be just good enough (i.e. not super accurate), but then blazing fast. Then it would have a nice niche market, especially for people with slower CPUs.

It's nothing personal against the creator or anything like that. Did you see how excited the scene got at the mention of a SID card?

My final point: I'm not that worried or surprised that the feedback is "not especially encouraging". I'm worried (but again not surprised) about the lack of feedback and encouragement for REAL Plus/4 projects, such as SVS's BalSys. But that's a different story. If we go down this line, very soon we will be asking ourselves: what does the scene need, what are we still interested in. I'm a bit afraid about those questions, because they answers might be "not much". And I would really like to see our scene grow and prosper.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024