Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-02-15
22:13:48
 Re: New emulator with Plus/4 support is developed

I finally took a look. I understand that it's alpha, but I guess the reason you are pushing it is to get feedback, so here it comes:
- Make running the emu in Plus/4 mode a 1-click affair. I don't care if you write batch files or create some project file that include all the necessary setting, but as of now it takes an awful lot of work just to get it running. I also want to be able to associate it with PRG files, so that I can right-click any program I want and have an "Open with ep128emu2" option.
- Does every file browsing dialog have to start from the root? I think it's safe to assume that we will plop this thing into our Plus/4 folder. It could start from the "current" folder.
- What's with the non-standard browsing window? A folder up icon is really missing. What's the preview for? Doesn't seem to preview anything.
- A suggestion: follow YAPE's shortcut keys. I think it's safe to say that the Plus/4 crown is used to pressing F8 to load a file and F11 to reset, etc. Or ALT+W to toggle full speed, that one works in VICE too.

That was the nice part. Here comes the conspiracy-theory part. I've been supporting YAPE for a long time, and had access to the source as well, so I have a pretty good idea of what went into developing it. I have a folder full of programs that are/were problematic on YAPE, I use this for regression testing of the new versions. (Mind you, other emulators still can't even touch these!) Most of these ran surprisingly well on your emulator. So I'm suspicious: how did you get your emulation so good so quick? Did you disassemble YAPE or something?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024