Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2007-02-01
16:52:28
 SID card!

See message 8821 on demoscene.hu. "Mask(TM)" is asking in Hungarian to everyone who would like to get a SID card to let him know. Apparently he already has a working prototype.

So all you non-Hungarians stuck here on "emucamp" (the Hungarian sceners insist on calling this site that, and not Plus/4 World, despite our host having lots of subdomains) - go now, register, and post a message.

Helpful translations you can use in your post: "En is akarok SID kartyat!" ( = "I want a SID card too!") "Csak mondd hogy mennyi es hova kell kuldeni a penzt!" ( = "Just tell me how much and where to send the money!")

Posted By

MasK
on 2007-02-02
11:32:45
 Re: SID card!

Hello!!

Not too fast guyshappy This is only a prototype stage project, which has many errors and problems, and I need to totally redesign it.
I have to "manufacture by hands" and test my "little baby", hours and hours to produce a final, checked version.
I just asked Hungarian sceners there, maybe somebody is interested in my work... I'm very surprised, how fast the interest is increasing...
If my project ending successfully and there will be a commercial version, I promise everybody on the plus4 scene will know that :D
You can ask questions, or place "preliminary orders" in English, no "magic words" needed.. :D
As you can see here, my English is not too perfect, but I can understand many things...,trying to answer any questions...as i can.

Posted By

MasK
on 2007-02-03
18:12:35

My new version is assembled and already under test...
Look here,for some pictures: http://forum.index.hu/Article/showArticle?t=9006036

The upper board drawing is our old-old dream:stereo SID on plus4.. ...just to show:yes,it is possible!!wink

Posted By

Bionic
on 2007-02-04
05:40:23

Nice! That is a clone of solders card, right?

I would recommend to experiment with the audio out circuit a bit. The original circuit leads to some distortion because the transistor is in saturation.

Posted By

MasK
on 2007-02-04
06:57:26

Thanks for your comment,I know that fact..very-very well... noise and distortion are "monsters" for me,"fighting" with them,since the project started.

First version was a Solder's card "clone",with different amplifier.
This small new version _based on_ Solder's schematic,but contains many different solutions.
Note the monolithic DC-DC converter,and 6581(!) SID happy

This version has only a "low level" output,there is no "final stage" transistor,to keep noise and distortion low,as we can.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024