Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Tcm+4
on 2007-01-14
05:52:04
 Re: German website

now you got it right wink

No, i didnt assume that you are speaking / understanding german. I received several mails from english speaking people who visited my site and ask me to have a translation. For the first step the most people are using google to translate but its of course not the best solution.
I want to have the most pages also in english available in the future hopefully.

My intention of coding for the plus/4 was never to code the "real best" programm, it was just an own challenge to convert ideas to the plus/4 and make things possible there.
The plus/4 was my first real own computer and it was my most creative phase in terms of computing and coding since today. Each system after it (Amiga, Mac, PC) was just 'used'.

Unfortunately i never had a terminal prg with the plus/4, so none of my develepoments was distributed through bbs or internet. Paint System was the first Program which was sent to a magazine, so the only one, which was in public available and restored now happy The rest of my sources is lost (*damn*!) wink

In the last weeks i spent time to review the programs available to the scene for example on plus/4-world and i was surprised, what is still available. And i was very surprised too, how GEOS v3.5 running on the plus/4 with 1551. Amazing!

The next idea i got, was to create a wiki for the plus/4. after setting up this wiki, Sidius gave me the link for the existing one and i closed this part of my site. It's great that the plus/4 is still there and that many people having this computer in mind. If i saw that there is an existing solution to expand the plus/4 with SID functionalities, i even more want to have this also in my system happy

Nice to see, that this kind of hardware projects are still part of discussions here and in other forums. And of course it's great to have this computer on my desk today and loading old and new stuff into it, just to have fun. Additionaly nice to see that my childs still could have fun with this "old" system even if they have a modern console and daddys pc to play games wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024