Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2006-10-24
11:53:05
 Re: textprocessor with german characters

I'm not really familiar with "script/plus" but I know there are several patches around which fix all kind of issues. I'm sure one included German characters. These patches were sometimes distributed with a disk version of script/plus. Probably not a legal problem if you own the cartridge. "ifi Stechmann" still owns the German market licenses for "script/plus", though. Maybe he doesn't care anymore but he did care some years ago.

Another word processor which supports "Umlaute" is "Textmeister 3.0" (which is based on Textmanager by Markt&Technik). Even though it's based on Textmanager, it got lots of features added. Especially in combination with the Seikosha SP180VC dot matrix printer this program was really ok to use. "Textmeister 3.0" was developed by Christian Schäffner (THE SOLDER) and a friend. It had a very good manual and I should still have a copy somewhere.

PageSetter is a DTP program and goes beyond "simple" word processing. There used to be a strong community around this program. Personally, after having tasted "real" DTP on Macs back then it was not my cup of tea.

There have been other word processors supporting German characters. COMPUTE MIT tested some of them. However, it seems to be commonly agreed on that "script/plus" is the best one.

Btw, for printing you can add German characters in 3-plus-1 via the ascii command. I remember doing that with French accents. Well, I remember additional unwanted spaces following my "é"s and the like, too I'm sure one of the "script/plus" patches is the better solution.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024