Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chicken
on 2006-10-02
17:22:49
 Re: XeO3 Teaser.....

I can just speak for myself. As already said in the other thread, I DO like lots of colors. BUT if it's not possible -because sprites go everywhere- then I rather have less colors and CLEAN Sprites instead.

Recently, I have seen many screenshots of Spectrum games and I always thought "What a pity, it would have looked much better without the colors and thus without the "color clash" (or "colour clash" since it's a British machine wink ).

I guess Spectrum users just got used to that and somewhat accepted the "color clash" as a fact. Still, it looks buggy to me

If I recall correctly, one of Mike's intentions was to create a GOOD software sprite routine. Stick to that happy

I wondered about the other levels... I thought "Well, if they change the colors the player's spaceship will look differently, too". But I think that's explainable, too happy Just think about how you look in green light happy

Also, I think we have seen many screenshots (and now the teaser) of the first level. So we knew that it's blue and we were not surprised... but it fits the "scenery" very well.

To sum it up: Proper sprites happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024