Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2006-09-17
14:44:34
 Rumble Pack

Hi,

I wonder is it possible to make a game with rumble effect ?!
Because lots of joysticks featuring rumble effect and because YAPE accept those
joysticks...maybe we can make games with rumble function !
Maybe LUCA's new game !!!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2006-09-17
18:24:16
 Re: Rumble Pack

It's definitely possible to do something that's an emulator-only feature, but I think the general consensus is that those are a no-no. It is sort of pointless.

As for doing it "for real"... Well, that would depend on whether it's possible to connect a rumble capable joystick to the Plussy. My guess would be know, but I don't know anything when it comes to hardware.

Posted By

Chicken
on 2006-09-21
06:34:15

I agree with Csabo on emulator-only features.

But how about those two (different) fire buttons joysticks/pads. I've seen a C64 game once in which you could use a (SEGA?) joypad to control your spacecraft. The second fire button would let your spacecraft turn or something like that.
Does anyone know how this second fire button is wired? Could something like this be possible on plus/4, maybe on the SID-CARD joyport?

Somewhere I should have an ATARI joypad with two buttons. In case I find it, I'll give it a try...

Posted By

RobertB
on 2006-10-27
16:52:35

Lacoste wrote:

> I wonder is it possible to make a game with rumble effect ?!

I have "rumble" headphones. These were sold at the Southern California GenCon about 2 or 3 years ago. The headphones "rumble" when a low bass sound occurs. Therefore, any game on a classic machine which can produce that sound can make it rumble.

Join us at the FCUG table at
the Vintage Computer Festival 9.0
Nov. 4-5,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group
http://videocam.net.au/fcug

Posted By

Lacoste
on 2006-11-05
03:26:32

Great !
I never heard of it before, but great warez.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024