Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

TLC
on 2006-09-13
09:41:01
 Re: +4 biggest screen resolution

You might want to ask Gaia if he still has a screenshot I mailed him 2004 summer... unfortunately, my instance got lost with the content I used to carry on a notebook. AFAIK Bubis succeeded to produce a test-version of a similar effect some few weeks later that summer.

As to whether it was "my" idea to trick the TED this way or it was someone else who "invented" it in theory, I don't know... I used to remember I had the idea back in '92, somehow similarly to the "real" interlace effect. OTOH, Crown used to code pretty wild TED effects earlier... way back in '90 or so. I guess whoever experimented with the TED or was a little bit deeper in the TED than most people might have known that switching to NTSC mode speeds things up. Those people must also have known the relation between cpu clocks and the screen (the division between the CPU clock and the screen dot clock is fixed... the dot clock is always 8 times the CPU single clock). If someone went along, he could deduce the theory of this high resolution effect thing. As to whether this was Crown or me or anyone else, well, I wouldn't make a bet. Someone might come in and claim he had the idea, say, way back in '86... ...Dunno.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024