Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Jaicen
on 2006-08-05
07:26:20
 Music Software

Hey guys, i've read pretty much the entire forum regarding this and there doesn't seem to be any answers.
I'd like to know if there are any professional pieces of music software available for the plus/4. I'm not looking for much, something that will allow access to the various parametes of TED sound, and will allow rudimentary sequencing.
I'm thinking of a cross between Sequential Circuit and DCM.
But what I really want is the ability to sync to an outside host, most likely through DIN sync. Is there anything suitable?

Posted By

Jaicen
on 2006-08-05
07:27:23
 Re: Music Software

Actually, does anyone have a manual for DCM?? I can't seem to work out all the functions like record etc.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2006-08-05
11:58:02

I don't know of anything that would have been for 'commercial' use. Most of what's available is here: http://plus4world.com/sl.php?ptid=302 .

I also don't know of anything for an external sync. Are you thinking of something like a MIDI connection? I do have a prototype professional keyboard for the Plus/4 here, along with a prototype adapter card (MIDI interface on one end, cartridge slot on the other), but I don't have any software for it.... which means I can't test it!

Posted By

Jaicen
on 2006-08-05
13:17:37

Yeah i've been through most of them, none are really what i'm looking for.
It sounds like the MIDI interface you've described would be a good place to start, but as you said it has no software, so it's looking like a dead-end!
Ideally, something like the MONO at prophet64.com would be what i'm looking for. It can access the user port of the C64 to read incoming DIN Synch and pattern changes so it can sync to other C64's or devices such as the TR series.
If someone with some knowledge of ML could hack DCM to read incoming MIDI or even just sync it'd be great!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024