Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Stuart Wilson
on 2001-07-02
 Uh ohhh - My Plus 4 doesnt work!

MY PLUS 4 DOESNT WORK NO MORE The return key (and a few others) don't work. Other than that, it works but I can't load my games no more (since I can't type LOAD !!!). I've taken the thing apart and cleaned the contacts but alas it still doesnt work. I had so many games for it and 50% of them games havent been converted for use on an emulator. Ohhhhhhh bugger! Anyone know anyone who are selling a Plus 4 or is it possible to find just the keyboard itself?

Also, if I can't get the Plus 4 working - is there any way I can convert my games into PRG files without the machine?

Still, I've got to give my Plus 4 credit. I've had it for 16 years and its given me plenty of hours of joy!

Seeya!
Stuart

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-07-02
 Good thinking James :-)

I never would of guess RETRUN would of been a short hand job with Control-M. Never ever needed to use it. Nice one.

I guess the more keys covered the better

Posted By

James
on 2001-07-02
 Whoops your warranty has expired

Try Control-M for the Enter key.

By my calculations, your 90 day warranty expired.... uh... ummmm.... 16 years ago, give or take three days. You might try reseating the ribbon cable into its connector on the motherboard. Check it for damage (rusting on a bare spot of ribbon, black marks would indicate electrical short) while you have it out of the connector.

Failing that, you need a TED chip, which is hard enough to find unless you obtain a working motherboard.

Alternatively, you might use a X-1541 series cable to connect your 1541/1571/1581 to your IBM compatiable computer, and transfer files over that way. If you have stuff on tape to move over, that's gonna be hard, but maybe you can download most of what you haven't converted from this site.

www.ebay.co.uk may have a C16 or Plus/4 on auction. I know there's a 116 on there, I saw it yesterday.

James

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024