Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gaztop
on 2006-05-28
05:07:08
 PSP

I recently tried a c64 emulator on the psp and was quite impressed with the quality. It was psp vice, now playing this made me wish there was a plus/4 emulator on the psp. I know on the ps2, vice is a c64, c16, plus/4 and a vic-20 emulator all rolled into one. But on the psp vice is only a basic c64 emulator. Is there any plans or could some one make a port of a plus/4 onto the psp? now that would be amazing.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2006-05-28
19:33:23
 Re: PSP

I think Mike Dailly was going to do a Plus/4 emulator on PS2, but I dunno about PSP.

Mike has the PS2 development kit, so he'd be the one to know if (and when) it could be done.

Posted By

indi
on 2006-05-29
04:33:23

A PS2 one is easy, but I don't have a PSP so I have no idea. From what I've been told, that'd be easy too.... just takes someone with time to do it....

Posted By

Hacox
on 2006-05-29
18:35:36

Hi!
Its a little bit off topic because you asked for the psp, but there is vice for the gp2x. Plus4 emulation works great for me. gp2x is the successor to the gp32 plus it has tvout. There was some talk about the gp32 some time ago in the forum.
More infos here: http://gp2x.com/product/mainfeature.asp?part=01
and here www.gp32x.com
its really the best for retro stuff

Posted By

indi
on 2006-05-30
02:36:05

Yeah, I have an old GP32 (the one without the backlight), and they are quite good. I play SCUM on and its fab for that. The gp2x is comming out as well, so emulation should get more interesting since it now has 2 CPU's. Theres also another one (which I forget the name of) which has some hardware 3D in it....

Posted By

Haocx
on 2006-05-31
18:50:22

yes, the xgp is the 3d handheld, but it isn't releases yet. i build myself a docking station for gp2x. so now i have usb host running. i can use a harddisk, mouse and joysticks. Actually there is no emulator supporting external joysticks at the moment, but i confirmed them to be working by looking and doing a cat to the joystick in the /dev (gp2x runs linux) directory. Thats great.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024