Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

sammy
on 2001-06-15
 help me again! - new commodore 4 plus

Help - I just finally ot the connection from my plus 4 to the TV and was thrilled to see it work and Football Manager load. Unfortunately, I then notice that the numbers 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 were not working on the keyboard and a couple of other keys (delete and down and left curser keys)

Is there any quick fix for this?

It is supposed to be a present for My dad for fathers day. I can't believe how much I have been ripped off on this.

Please, please, please, give me some advice.

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-06-18
 Yeah soap and warm water...

And a bit of rubbing

I also use Jiff (bath cleaner) sometimes if it's real mucky eg.(1541 floppy drive case). I'm not sure if you have the same named stuff, It's a cream type of cleaning fluid. Like you said "Plastic only".

Should'nt do any harm.

Posted By

Jay
on 2001-06-18
 ...Another quesiton about cleaning the Plus/4...

I have a couple of Plus/4s, and one of them was just recently given to me. It's a mess, though, and needs to be dissassembled and cleaned.

Is there any cleaning substance that should be used on the plastic parts of the computer? Just regular soap and water, or something that won't discolour (or worse - melt!) it?

Thanks!

Jay

Posted By

sammy
on 2001-06-16
 thanks

Thanks for the tip. I think I will leave the taking apart to my dad and we can try to save it. I will let you know how I get on.

I was just angry yesterday at having to take my dad a pressie that he has wnated for years and he can't play his fav game on.

I can always rely on you for advice. Thanks.

If it doesnt work and you do have a spare keyboard, I will pay you obviously.

Keep you fingers crossed. In the meantime I can play icicle works and fireant and exorcist to my hearts content.

Posted By

MIK
on 2001-06-15
 I don't think you have been ripped off...........

Only a guess because of I have a number of Plus4's like this.

I think this could be the age of the machine and how it was kept over the years.

Please try pressing down harder on the keys... They may or should work. There could be just muck and dust under these keys. I've never taken one apart before, but have done on my C64. Once the board was cleaned she work like a treat.

Let me know how you get on.... If you find thses keys will work with some presure then I might have a spare keyboard you could have.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024