Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mike
on 2001-06-09
 CrossAssembly

Unless you actually want to program ON a plus/4 (or in BASIC)I would recomend using a PC assembler and an emulator. This has a MUCH faster turnaround. In the old days when developers wrote for Plus/4's and C64's we used crossdevelopment kits. These are PC's hooked into a real machine, we'd assemble on a PC and download to the remote machine. VERY quick, VERY nice. Nowadays, you can assemble on a PC, and run using an EMU.. almost as nice. Minus4dos has "real" source level debugging, and although its a big fiddly, it does allow a good local development environment. Using TASM for the PC you can assemble and run, and trace with ease..

Posted By

Pat
on 2001-06-17
 When I was at school...

When I was at school the C16 hadn't been released. However I did manage to write (and publish) games for the TI99 4/a (that was a long time ago). That is where I got most of my ideas for my C16 stuff.

Posted By

Mike
on 2001-06-16
 Well....

Well, on the C64 I used cross asseblers - once I started to do it for a living... but when I was on the plus/4 I was still at School.

I did the same as you, Used the built in assembler to do games. Lando has my only full game I did called "Freek Out".. .very sad

Posted By

Pat
on 2001-06-15
 Re : old days

>> In the old days when developers wrote for Plus/4's and C64's we used crossdevelopment kits.

I think I must be a bit sad because I wrote all my software on the Plus/4 built-in ssembler / disassembler. I tried using a C64 proper assembler but couldn't get on with it.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024