Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2006-01-12
09:34:41
 Re: Gorf addition to the database

I agree with JamesC. When I created the rarity ratings, the first two are these:
- Extremely rare - No known copies
- Extremely rare

However (and this is the important bit), any pieces of software whose existence is not 100% confirmed will not be marked as a commercial release. I will create a new distro type besides Commercial/Freeware/As compilation/Type in and call that "Unconfirmed". So it won't have any release records. We can list them though, it will be cool to have all known info about a particular release on one page, even if it's unconfirmed. Maybe if someone comes around and wants to know info about Gorf, they will know what it is. Maybe we will have a visitor who actually has a copy.

So, you might ask, what is "Extremely rare - No known copies" for? It's for programs that we do know they existed - because we have the crack, or played with it, or have photos of it, but no-one (among us) has a copy. Example would be a whole bunch of Hungarian releases, like Botticelli for the moment. I know it exists, I've seen it in shops way back then, and of course many of us have used it, but right now, no official copy, no cover scan. That's what it's for. Apparently bubis has a copy somewhere though, so once he scans it/dumps it, it will become simply "Extremely rare".

Cool?

About 1942: I don't think anyone has gotten an answer yet. Or did I miss something?

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024